You can define a family in many ways, but what do all families have in common?
The answer is simple: caring. We are talking about related people that care about each other. Regardless of type ( nuclear family, step family, single-parent family, extended family
We are talking about related people that care about each other. Regardless of type ( nuclear family, step family, single-parent family, extended family
We are talking about related people that care about each other. Regardless of type ( nuclear family, step family, single-parent family, extended family ) any family needs to be strengthened any now and then because a good family relationship is essential when comes to life quality.
A good family relationship can boost your life quality. The environment a family grows in should be pleasant and nurturing.
Abraham Lincoln began his most memorable speech with the following words: “ A house divided against itself can not stand!”
Why is this true? Because if you want a strong family and a good family relationship you have to work hard on developing unity.
What are the characteristics of a good family relationship?
Here they are:
- Well defined roles;
- Confident leadership;
- Common dreams, purposes and goals;
- Believe in each other;
- Taking advantage of one’s strengths and use it to help the other members of the family;
- Letting love cover the imperfections;
- Commitment to the team;
- Sense of humor
- Spending time together;
What other patterns are strong families following?
- The family comes first;
- Each family member is important;
- There is faithfulness between partners;
- Sacrifices are made;
- Forgiveness is appreciated;
- Love is conditional;
- Special occasions are never forgotten;
- Mind-reading is avoided;
- Walking a mile in the other’s person shoes;
All the efforts you can do in order to check these characteristics on your family’s list will help you improve life quality.
Why do that?
For a better life?
How to do that?
We have some bits of advice:
- Keep good feelings in a part of your heart and use them through time of crisis;
- Make sure there is time for the family members to talk, to eat together, to play and have fun, to help around the house;
- Create connections between your family and other families you like;
- Don’t ignore the extended family;
- Keep in mind that the members of your family are your friends;
- Show your appreciation, this will help you live in a healthy and strong family;
- Don’t be afraid to show your love daily, show it with facts and with words;
- Be opened and honest;
- Listen to each other’s point of view;
- Try to see stress or crisis as challenges or opportunities to grow your family stronger and to learn. Find something positive in every situation and solve the problems together
In other words, the most important things you have to do are: taking the decision to make your family stronger and follow as many of the advices as you can, learn about family life and about marriage and parenting and don’t forget to keep your values and priorities in mind.
It takes constant hard work to maintain a good family relationship.
Do you have a family story you want to share with us?