If you want to make yourself indispensable to others you have to start by making some big changes in your life, starting with yourself. Your life can really change for the better if you make a plan and stick with it. The secret to success in making yourself indispensable to others is to be as useful as possible to them.
How can you do that?You have to meet people’s needs and desires. You have to be there for them when bad things happen and you have to help them solve their problems. The more you can do for them, the more indispensable you will be.
How do you know what people need? There is a full spectrum of human needs and you have to see when you can help and in what circumstances.
In this article, we would like to share with you some practical tips on how to make yourself indispensable to others.
Practical tips on how to make yourself indispensable to others
- Keep in touch with your friends and family: listen to them when they are talking, give them a call from time to time, tell them if you miss them, send your warm feelings via texts or emails, don’t forget about birthdays, comfort them in hard times, introduce them to other circles of friends, be honest with them.
- Be interested in their feelings: Appreciate them, ask them how they are doing, congratulate them every time there is an opportunity, have genuine interest in their achievement, challenges and problems.
- Learn together: lend them good books, share with them websites, quotes, articles, e-books. Ask smart questions and answer their questions.
- Show them your artistic side: listen to music together, send them songs and paintings, let them know of interesting cultural events you hear about.
- Boost their confidence: Support them to find their main life purpose, encourage them to be themselves, without being a concern of what others may say or think, tell them to follow their hearts, share with them inspirational stories.
- Be good, kind and show empathy
Practical tips on how to make yourself indispensable at work
We’ll give you some practical tips on how to make yourself indispensable at work because managers value indispensable employees. You probably know that but you think it’s too hard to be one. It’s not. All you have to do is to achieve more work-life balance. Indispensable doesn’t mean exhausted, so here it is what you have to do:
- First of all, apply for the position you want and you know is suitable for you
You should know by now that all the employees are more productive if they work on the position they want to be in and in a pleasant environment. Your life shouldn’t be all about work, but having a job you love will help you to outperform.
- When you arrive at the office, light up the room
If you bring enthusiasm to work, you’ll be more appreciated. Don’t be afraid of new tasks and challenges, trust in your own capacities. Help your coworkers if you can, because helping others can make you a valuable asset to the team.
- Don’t always seek for financial reward
Of course, having more money is an important thing, but there are a lot of other aspects that matter. Learn how to work better, because a job done well has it’s own reward. Don’t let others take credit for your projects but keep in mind not to focus only on the prize.
- Empower your coworkers
If you want to truly be indispensable at your workplace you have to help others. Try to mediate discussions, try to offer help to the ones that struggle with their tasks or with conveying opinion. You have to contribute to the group’s success by understanding the value of collaboration.
- Educate yourself every single day
Keep up with the information on the market, research and learn new things by yourself, because, if you didn’t know by now, bosses are delighted by employees who do that. Why? Because this kind of effort is seen as a personal commitment to the company’s success.
- Create goals, make a plan and track your progress
In order to be indispensable, you have to evolve. In order to evolve, you have to be organized.
In life, one’s desire to be indispensable it’s understandable. You want to be indispensable for your close ones because that can be translated in healthy and fulfilling relationships and you want to be indispensable for the company you work because that guarantees you a feeling of well-being and financial stability.
If you need that you have to make some changes, follow our practical tips and tell us how it worked!